2015 GAZE International LGBT Film Festival Dublin
Festival PR and Marketing Personnel
Application Deadline 5pm, 24/04/15
GAZE International LGBT Film Festival seek to appoint a Festival PR and Marketing Officer for the 23rd Annual GAZE International LGBT Film Festival 2015, which will take place over the August Bank Holiday weekend at the Lighthouse Cinema, Dublin.
Start Date: Tuesday May 5th 2015
Period of part-time, and period of full-time in the immediate lead up to the 2015 GAZE Film Festival.
Must be available for some evenings and weekends, particularly during the period immediately prior to and during the GAZE Film Festival.
GAZE Festival Manager
3+ years, or relevant experience. Commitment to excellence in the arts, a passion for LGBT cinema, as well as knowledge of LGBT history, culture, and diversity, is a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Strong social media and digital marketing skills
- Maintaining and growing the GAZE online media presence
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and effectively disseminate press releases to relevant print, television, radio and new media outlets and partners
- In consultation with the Festival Manager ensure the provision of marketing and press information on the film, filmmakers, and sessions for the festival; for example, the soliciting and collation of press materials and copy, photographic prints, trailer prints, video clips, web clips
- Responsible for writing copy for selected films for the festival brochure and website and liaising with the brochure and website publishers
- Represent GAZE Film Festival in outreach, publicity, fundraising events and solicitations
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
- A personality that thrives on working as part of a tightly knit team
- Ability to conceive and deliver plans and strategies
- Strong writing skills with a clear voice and acute attention to detail
- Superior time management skills
- Confident networker with proven experience of working with festivals
- Literacy in Digital Marketing, Social Media, WordPress, content management systems, email marketing service providers, presentation software and all Microsoft applications
- Proven experience and a track record of excellence in social media, digital and niche marketing
- Keen eye for visual display, contemporary design and brand development
- A passion for the performing arts and a strong belief in philanthropy
- Second languages (Irish or other) are useful but not required
Please send applications (CV and Cover Letter) to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday, April 24th at 5PM
Interviews will take on Wednesday April 29th.
IRELAND SELECTED AS COUNTRY FOCUS FOR 2015
IRIS PRIZE FESTIVAL
GAZE International LGBT Film Festival is delighted to be working with the Iris Prize as partners in curating a programme of LGBT films from Ireland. These films will be showcased as part of the Iris Prize Festival in Cardiff, taking place from 7 – 11 October 2015.
To officially launch the event, Berwyn Rowlands, Director of the Iris Prize, will present a selection of short films from the 2014 Iris Prize Festival in Dublin. The event will take place on Tuesday, April 28th 2015 at 7pm, at the Wood Quay Venue, Dublin Civic Offices, Dublin 8. This special event is open to friends of the festival.
For more information on the Iris Prize, click here.
GAZE 2015 CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
GAZE International LGBT festival is delighted to announce that submissions are open for Irish and International shorts and features for GAZE 2015. The festival is particularly interested in nurturing homegrown LGBT filmmaking talent, so if you are currently in production, or have a completed film, GAZE would love to hear from you.
To submit your film, or for more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gaze International LGBT Film Festival will take place over the 2015 August Bank Holiday weekend, July 30th to August 3rd. The festival celebrates LGBT storytelling, with an exciting programme of film and events that will engage filmmakers and audiences in a vibrant social experience.
GAZE on Tour 2015
GAZE International LGBT Film Festival Dublin, with the support of The Community Foundation Of Ireland, are collaborating with access>CINEMA to bring you the first phase of GAZE on Tour.
GAZE is delighted to collaborate with access>CINEMA and announce the First Phase of GAZE on Tour 2015, screening The Case Against 8 around Ireland in the coming months.
The Case Against 8 is an account of the epic five-year legal battle that overturned Proposition 8. Co-directors Cotner and White take us on a riveting, hold-your- breath, behind the scenes look at the historic Californian trial that overturned the controversial constitutional amendment. The story first made headlines with the unlikely pairing of Ted Olson and David Boies, political foes who last faced off as opposing attorneys in Bush v. Gore. The film also follows the plaintiffs, two gay couples who find their families at the centre of the same-sex marriage controversy. This extraordinary film provides fly-on-the-wall coverage of a trial the public was never allowed to see.
So far GAZE on Tour have 9 confirmed venues, with others still to be announced. Marriage Equality, the Irish Council for Civil Liberties, and GLEN, the Gay and Lesbian Equality Network, will host panel discussions to coincide with the screenings in selected venues. GAZE on Tour has been very successful for the last two years, but this will be the biggest project by far.
Playdate: 4 February
Venue: Droichead Arts Centre, Drogheda, Co. Louth
Playdate: 16 February
Venue: Mermaid Arts Centre, Bray, Co. Wicklow
Playdate: 18 February
Venue: Pavilion Theatre, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Playdate: 22 February
Venue: Garter Lane Arts Centre, Waterford City
Playdate: 27 February
Playdate: 4 March
Venue: Draíocht Arts Centre, Blanchardstown, Dublin
Playdate: 18 March
Venue: Galway Film Society, Town Hall Theatre, Galway City
Playdate: 18 March
Venue: Dunamaise Arts Centre, Portlaoise, Co. Laois
Playdate: 15 April
Venue: 69 O Connell Street, Limerick City
Playdate: 23rd April
Playdate: 13th May
Playdate: 14th May