- Our GAZE Film Festival Dublin festival manager and festival programmer are live on Dublin City FM 103.2's The GTalk Show, Dublin City FM right now! Stream them live here:
Home | DublinCityFM
Broadcasting live from Dublin City Council's Traffic Control Centre, LiveDrive is Dublin’s only dedicated live traffic upd
- GAZE Film Festival Dublin will host the Irish premiere of Michael Lucas' (yes, THAT Michael Lucas) "Campaign of Hate: Russia and Gay Propaganda".
The Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, put a spotlight on that country's new anti-gay law, which criminalises "gay propaganda." Through interviews with LGBT Russians and the lawmakers themselves, "Campaign of Hate..." investigates the effects of living in a country in which being LGBT has been essentially criminalised. There is something particularly ironic about Lucas' interview with Vitaly Milonov, a politician who supports the anti-gay law. Hearing one of the world's most famous gay porn stars be told that "homosexuality is a disease" and "a virus for morality" is jarring.
"Campaign of Hate..." may sometimes be a tough watch, but is ultimately inspiring and engenders a sense of solidarity with our brave LGBT brothers and sisters in Russia.
Tickets and more info here:
Campaign of Hate (Trailer)
As most of the world moves forward toward gay equality, Russia is seemingly heading backward. Antigay sentiment and legislation are spreading rapidly throughout the country. In 2013, the Russian parliament passed a ban on so-called 'gay propaganda' that effectively makes nearly any public discussion…
- "Off Road" is a documentary about how love united an unconventional family in an all too conventional country. Italian director, Elisa Amoruso, says she wanted to tell "a story of human beings, in Italy, who make important decisions and go ‘off road’, taking different roads, and rocky ones, only to reunite on the same path." She most definitely succeeded and we are excited to share that story with you at the Irish premiere of "Off Road".
Get tickets and more info here:
- Heres a snapshot of this years festival in 1minute 30 seconds, "like" and "share" to be in with a chance to win a pair of tickets to your favorite movie at GAZE2014
GAZE VIRAL 2014
A snapshot of this years stories, make sure to book your tickets www.gaze.ie
- Are you ready for GAZE Film Festival Dublin 2014? Have you picked out which films you're going to see yet? Are you excited? WE ARE. We're filling the Light House Cinema with the very, very best of LGBT film from 31st July to 4th August.
Our lead festival sponsors, the lovely people at Accenture, are giving away GAZE 2014 tickets on twitter this week. Give them a follow @Accenture_Irl and get winning! (We know you are already following us on twitter, but JUST IN CASE, we're @GAZEfilmfest.)
In other GAZE news, Newstalk 106-108 fm's Global Village, hosted by the delightful Dil Wickremasinghe, will be coming to you live from GAZE 2014 on Saturday evening, 2nd August. Make sure to tune in for a lively discussion about film, social justice and everything GAZE!