For over three decades, GAZE Film Festival has been a cultural pillar of the Irish LGBTQIA community. GAZE celebrates the finest LGBTQIA+ cinema, developing the art form for artists and filmmakers, and creating an annual shared cultural space for the community. Each year we present over 25 screenings including features, documentaries, short film programmes, panels, industry events, workshops and social spaces to discuss and celebrate film and the art of storytelling in an LGBTQIA+ context. GAZE is supported by the Arts Council, our lead sponsor Accenture, and many other diverse funders and sponsors. The board of GAZE has recently been expanded and is developing exciting plans to expand the depth and reach of the festival including increased sponsorship
The Marketing and Sales Manager is an exciting new role at GAZE for 2024. They will build a communications strategy for 2024, lead on all festival marketing in traditional and digital media, and work with our PR consultants to coordinate media activity. They will be in charge of managing festival sales through our brand new online box office system, bringing key sales and communication activity in-house.
The Marketing and Sales Manager role is offered as a contract for services and would suit an emerging or established freelance arts marketing professional, ideally with experience in film, festivals, and/or LGBTQ+ culture, as part of a wider portfolio of work. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a festival which is looking to expand its depth and reach and with a wide range of individuals on its board and in its team.
The Marketing and Sales Manager reports to the Festival Manager who leads on festival production, financial and project management. They will work closely with the Festival Director, who leads on overall strategy and the artistic curation of the festival. The successful candidate will also work closely with the Digital Content Manager, another new role for 2024, who coordinates film file traffic and creates digital marketing assets including the festival trailer.
The festival dates for 2024 are Wednesday 31st July to Monday 5th August. The role is offered initially for one year as a contract for services, with a fee of €10,000, with the possibility of renewal. It is envisaged that work is part time, with increased engagement in the lead up to, and during, the festival. A work plan will be agreed with the appointed candidate.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 23rd February, including the names and contact details of two referees, and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. You can contact us at the same address if you would like an informal chat about the role in advance of applying. You can find more information about GAZE at www.gaze.ie
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement an innovative and impactful communications strategy that will connect and resonate with new and existing audiences, including innovative digital and social media promotion, print, and PR.
- Deliver key campaigns for festival events including the 2024 launch, the Festival Awards, and partners and sponsors events.
- Oversee the delivery of the Festival brochure, including design, print and distribution, in collaboration with the wider festival team.
- Manage and enhance the festival's online presence across the website and social media channels.
- Prepare and edit copy for marketing and publicity materials with content prepared by the Festival Director.
- Manage the production and distribution of targeted promotional materials, such as emails, posters, flyers, and digital assets.
- In collaboration with the Festival PR consultants, build and maintain relationships with media outlets, influencers, and industry partners to secure coverage and endorsements.
- Analyse marketing campaign performance and audience feedback to continually improve strategies.
- Respond to data, trends, and implement agreed promotions, offers and targeted communications throughout the festival
- Manage marketing budget to ensure efficient allocation of resources and maximise impact.
- Set up events on an online booking system, managing allocations and monitoring sales on the platform.- Act as primary point for all online box office enquiries.
- Identify, communicate and resolve any ticketing issues proactively and calmly.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the show schedule, production details, ticketing prices and deals; communicating this information accurately and consistently.- Answer queries from the public and follow up in a timely manner.
- Extract and analyse weekly/daily reports for the festival team and board.- Coordinate venue allocations and day sales.
- Manage complimentary tickets, for festival guests and supporters.